As a CEO or business owner, you have probably considered how to attract customers and what strategy to use, such as whether to develop a website or mobile application. There is no definitive answer because the alternative you pick will rely on your business plans, your resources, and any properties you might require.
We would like to share our expertise in this area and highlight the advantages of mobile apps to assist you in making the best decision for your company.
Numbers speak for themselves
In 2020, mobile devices accounted for 68.1% of all website visitors globally, up from 63.3% in 2019. 28.9% of visitors came from desktops, while 3.1% came from tablets.
This shows that the mobile users percentage keeps growing every year and that the future is undoubtedly mobile. On the graph below you can see that the number of mobile online users surpassed desktop users as far as in 2013. and this difference is bigger every year.
The Ideal Situation to Develop a Mobile App
There are many circumstances where creating a mobile application is the best option for addressing particular company objectives:
- An application would be a better solution than a website, for example, if you intend to set up features tied to native device capabilities, such as GPS, click-to-call, cameras, scanners, BlueTooth devices, etc.
- Another appropriate occasion to pick an application is when you’re developing a platform, like a social network or a content marketplace, that has to maintain all these components functional and dynamic and requires access to multiple sorts of content (such as images, texts, music, and Youtube videos).
- Applications are ideal for interactive games like Angry Birds, daily utilities like Evernote, and services that let you train, monitor your progress in real time, and receive reminders on a regular basis (FitBit, Duolingo).
- A mobile application is also a viable option for data manipulation. It’s also preferable to use an app for processing complex computations and creating reports, such as in banking and finance. In addition to a full website, a mobile app may be a terrific supplement for banking operations and services. Banks (such as Banca Intesa and Raiffeisen) successfully implement this concept by focusing solely on the most widely used desktop web capabilities that are essential for usage on the go and include them in their applications in a way that makes them simple and convenient to use.
Advantages of choosing an app over a website
- Convenience. Analysis reveals that the applications are more widely used than comparable websites because they are more practical. Mobile applications are simpler to use, offer better user experiences, and load content more quickly. In addition, applications feature push alerts, unlike web pages. Within an app, communicating updates, unique features, and reminders improves user retention. Additionally, compared to websites, the design of mobile applications more gracefully adapts to various screen sizes.
- Personalization. Apps for mobile devices are a fantastic solution for services that need frequent use. Users may configure preferences, make personal accounts, and store important information in an application. From a commercial perspective, mobile applications offer superior assistance for audience targeting and subsequently designing marketing campaigns for various user groups.
- Working offline. The ability to utilize mobile apps offline is an additional significant benefit. Apps can continue to offer access to material and services after being downloaded and installed on a mobile device, even if there is no internet connection.